1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a friend you love to talk to.
3. Don’t believe all you hear or spend all you have.
4. When you say, “I love you” – mean it.
5. When you say, “I’m sorry” look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight. It happened to me (and I’ve been happily married for 14 years)
8. Never laugh at anyone’s dream. And have your own big dreams.
9. Love deeply and passionately.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly and stop after 20 minutes. No name calling or physical violence.
11. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
12. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
13. When you don’t want to answer a question, smile and ask, “That’s a great question. Why do you want to know?”
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk. We are here to learn. Learning involves taking risks and making mistakes.
15. Say “God bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.
16. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.