According to their reports on Twitter, it sounds like GM is preparing some crowd pleasers — including a Chevrolet Camaro convertible and Cadillac CTS coupe.
GM emerged from bankruptcy as a new company July 10 and has been working to recast itself as a new automaker striving to listen to customers and their desires.
Noreen Pratscher, a GM spokeswoman, said the company brought in about 100 consumers to see the design center and drive vehicles at the Milford proving grounds. The group heard from GM executives, including GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz.
“The hope is to introduce consumers directly to the new GM,” she said.
GM CEO Fritz Henderson is expected to hold a news conference Tuesday at a similar event for the media to give an update on the new GM and make a product announcement.
But perhaps some of his thunder was stolen via Twitter.
Joel Feder of the Minneapolis-area wrote on his Twitter page this morning that the director of Cadillac told him that the CTS Coupe “is coming!!”
“Looking at Camaro convertible,” he wrote. “Wow.”
He also mentioned a Buick compact sedan. “I’d roll in this. Hot!”
The group also apparently got to see the new Buick crossover SUV announced last week.
Feder wrote that he got a glimpse at the “Buick version of the Saturn Vue.”
“Wow hideous,” he wrote. “Seriously though hideous. Enclave is still hot.”
He said all of the new Buick vehicles that they were showed are coming in the next two years.
Feder was impressed with the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu.
“So sad we have till 2012 for this new Chevy Malibu,” he wrote. “You don’t understand how good looking it is.”
Curating digital content and creators has become another job for the PR|Marketing|HR mashup.
Leave a comment