Learning about the American Revolution in home school today
Asked the 10 y.o. to get her history book and she pulled out Hamilton the Musical instead!
I love this kid ❤️
Plus she got every question correct *just* from her knowledge of the lyrics, for example:
- Where did Thomas Jefferson live? Monticello. In Virginia.
- Who was the English Monarch addressed in the Declaration of Independence? King George III
- Name 3 soldiers who fought in the Continental Army. Alexander Hamilton, Marquis de Lafayette and…oh yeah, George Washington.
- What was the final battle of the Revolutionary War? Yorktown.
- BONUS: After the Americans won at Yorktown, everyone was singing the drinking song :”The World Turned Upside Down”.