A friend of mine was telling me about his idea for a ‘new’ marketing book he’s writing. I pointed out that there are already more than 600 books on social media alone according to the impromptu search I did on Amazon whilst talking with him. His book, apparently, would be different because it was from the client’s point-of-view. Ah.
So I got to thinking about how very different the world looks from the agency-side. I wondered what I might write about if I were so inclined. Here’s my Top 10 list of marketing books that I wish someone would write (because I don’t have the time):
2. Beyond Boobs, Babies and Bulldogs: 1001 Memorable Visual Cues for New Media
3. In Search of ROI…
4. You Found The Silver Bullet: Will It Blend?
5. It Cost HOW MUCH? A Collection of the Most Expensive, Worst-Performing Campaigns Ever (vol. 1 of 20)
6. Mediocrity: A Guide for the Defiantly Stupid
7. The 70-Hour Work Week: Welcome to Reality, Dude
8. Panicked People: Interviews with Baby Boomer CMO’s
9. 1001 Ways to Convince Your Client Their Campaign is Amazing
10. The ABC’s of Marketing Leadership: Always Be Clueless
So, what would your title be? Post your comment below.